Order your food and drink to your table (Exc. Mon - Weds)Order now!
Why Our Pub is Great
The Crewe & Harpur in Swarkestone, Derby is a charming red brick riverside hotel and pub with excellent road links, a relaxing bolthole for families, friends, couples, tourists and business people alike. The pub is set in a sympathetically restored 17th Century coach house. The adjoining stable block houses seven guest rooms. Stay with us and explore the glorious Peak District.
The sprawling beer garden is peppered with traditional wooden benches; perfect for long summer days and light evenings. Dine alfresco right by the River Trent and watch the boats sail by or come inside, unwind and enjoy the ambience. Modern rustic décor and wooden beams give us a contemporary yet cosy appearance and atmosphere. There is an indoor play area for small children and a kids’ menu with a great selection of teatime favourites.
Nothing smells or tastes as wonderful as flame-roasted rotisserie chicken. Responsibly sourced and roasted fresh in our rotisserie every single day, our chicken is second to none. We use the tender meat in mains, burgers, salads and curries.
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus